At Bare Republic, we’re proudly committed to creating products that aren't only safe for your skin—but are also friendly to the environment! Almost all of our current product packaging is made from recyclable materials, and we're aiming to fully make the switch to being 100% recyclable in coming years.
As April comes to a close, we’ve been thinking about a few other ways we can keep Earth Month going all year round. Knowing that single-use items are a key culprit in environmental pollution, we’ve made a goal of switching our personal single-use items to sustainable alternatives. And, since our Bare Republic team is full of what we (very) affectionately call “tree huggers," we took a little office poll to gather up some sustainable switches to make this Earth Month into an 'Earth Year'.
Read on for a few of our favorite sustainable swaps to help lessen your daily impact, courtesy of our always sunny—and sometimes motley—Bare crew:
- SimplyStraws – Swap your plastic/paper straws for a more durable, reusable, and recyclable alternative! They have a variety of styles to choose from and are made with non-toxic materials.
- Ziptop Container – This snack bag checks all the boxes: durable, reusable, BPA-free, no harmful chemicals, AND dishwasher safe (a major plus for busy parents on the go!)
- S’well Waterbottle – A great alternative to single-use plastic water bottles. These reusable bottles keep your drink cold or hot for hours– plus they have a variety of sizes to choose from so you can find a great fit for you and your family!
- Canvas Tote – Plastic bags are sooo last season. Investing in a sturdy reusable shopping bag is a great way to minimize your impact on the environment and make sure your groceries make it home safely without ripping a bag handle.
- Organic Unpaper Towels – These reusable “unpaper” towels are made from 100% organic cotton and are a great sustainable alternative to single-use paper towels– just toss them in the washing machine once you’re done and they are good as new!
Have any other tips or products you’ve found to incorporate sustainability into your everyday? We’d love to hear about them—give us a shout with your other favorite sustainable swaps on our Instagram @barerepublic or #gobareoutside!